[vortex] Help me :(

Dor S. web@Bigwabbit.net
Thu May 2 14:35:00 2002

Hello,
I emailed my "story" yesterday to "3c509" mailing list by they sent me here.
Anyway, I have a Linux box that is doing masq... it shares my cables
connection with the home lan.
I've got 2 network cards, a 3com 3com 905B and a RealTek 8139.
Few months ago when I had first set it up, i've had problems and used the
3com driver that is offered on 3com.com and it worked ok,
now I installed SuSE 8.0 which wouldn't let me install the driver from
3com.com, and is using scyld.com's driver.
And again, I have this weird problem that when i'm doing the masq everything
is slower than when I used the old driver from 3com.com or when I connect
the cable modem directly to my computer.
Some info: i'm using iptables to do the masq, the 3com NIC is connected to
the cable modem, and the RealTek to a hub which the rest of the computers
are connected to it.

Please help me I dunno what to do :(
Maybe I just have something misconfigured?
If I wouldn't have that fixed soon, I guess i'll just go back to the old
Linux distro I used and install the 3com.com driver which worked fine.

Thanks in advance! :)

-Dor