[vortex] The mysteries of on-chip MII.

Greg Beeley Greg.Beeley@LightSys.org
Wed Mar 27 11:33:19 2002

Hi,

> Donald has described the problem and the solution far better than I, and
> he's CC'd the Etherboot developers responsible for the 3c90x driver.  So
> I'm taking "follow-up with Etherboot folk" OFF my todo list.

I asked the Etherboot maintainer to put some additional notes by that
potentially dangerous option for the 3c905b workaround, and have sent
in a patch to print a note when etherboot launches (with that option
active) so that the source of the side-effects might be easier to find
for folks in your situation next time around....

Thanks,

Greg.

Greg.Beeley@LightSys.org        LightSys - Redeeming Technology...
http://www.LightSys.org                    For God's Kingdom.