[vortex] Mini PCI - no link

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Jun 27 10:40:02 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Dave Dribin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 06:39:34PM -0400, Donald Becker wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Dave Dribin wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, I've attached two files: before_win.txt and after_win.txt.  The
> > The status reports are essentially identical.
> >    outw(0x0900, ioaddr + 0);
> > just after changing the window to 0 around line 862.
>
> Well, holy crikey, that did it!

Grrr, %$#$& ... @#%R@#%.

That register is undefined, and 3Com already had (undocumented)
transceiver power bits in Window 4.

OK, I've put up a new test version at
   http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
      ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/3c59x.c

Please send a report.

> The MAC settings does not have 802.1Q flow control like the
> "after_win.txt" file I sent before.  Not sure if not having flow
> control will be a problem, but it is working.

We might have to wait for the updated datasheet to track that down.