[vortex] 3c905cx-txm

Christian Welzel gawain@camlann.de
Sun Jul 7 14:56:01 2002

Am Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2002 23:05 schrieb Bartlomiej Zarzecki:

> I've just bought few days ago 2 3c905cx-txm. I had no success to make
> these cards work under linux.

I had the same cards and they also did not work... so i brought them back to
the dealer and he did some diagnostics on them... so he found out, that my
cards did work fine if they were not screwed to the chassis... after some
work he noticed that there is a circuit path on the board very close to the
slot plate which ends in a solder point. if the card is now screwed to the
chassis the slot plate is bent and gets contact to this solder point...
put an insulating washer between the board and this slot plate screwpoint.
my dealer says, that it works now, but i had no time to test it...
i make a report as soon as i tested my cards...
try it yourself, perhaps it helps...
if nobody understood this, i can repost it in german and somebody can
translate it into better english :)

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel
  (Sektionsvorsitzender und Admin AG DSN Gerokstrasse)

  GPG-Key:     http://www.wh9.tu-dresden.de/~gawain/key.asc
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15