[vortex] problems with 3c900 TPO boomerang and kernel 2.4.9 or later

dsp@gmx.li dsp@gmx.li
Mon Feb 11 15:46:00 2002

> > On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:08:10 -0800
> > Andrew Morton <akpm@zip.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > Around line 479 or drivers/net/3c59x.c:
> >
> >     {"3c900 Cyclone 10Mbps TPO",                        /* AKPM: from Don's 0.99M */
> >      PCI_USES_IO|PCI_USES_MASTER, IS_CYCLONE|HAS_NWAY|HAS_HWCKSM, 128, },
> >

> > Please remove the "HAS_NWAY|" and re-test.
> >

> Hi,
>
> Ok, i changed that and recompiled the kernel[ 2.4.17 ],
> mii-diag seems to be a lot happier, vortex-diag also delivers a slightly
> different result, the checksum for vortex is not ok but for the others it is.
> The box only crashed when transfering bigger files and i haven't tested that
> yet.
>
> If it happens again i'll repost on this thread,
> if it doesn't within a week i'll also make a post.

Hello,

My box never crashes during that time and i am sure i would
have needed to reset it at least once or twice without making these changes,
which makes me wonder if it was a small bug in the driver,
a flaky card or something wrong with the card's bios.

Anyhow it's working real great, thanks for showing me how to fix it.

Cheers,
	David
--

"If you have any great suggestions, feel free to mail me,
 and I'll probably feel free to ignore you"