[vortex] 3c59x AUI and sockets AF_PACKET

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue Dec 17 10:35:02 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 kernel@itris.fr wrote:

> I have got an important problem to solve :
>
> When I load the 3c59x module with no option, my 2 network cards
> are working well with 10baseT, and vortex-diag tells me then :
> Transceiver type in use: Autonegociate.

What driver version?
What is the detection message?

> I can open a socket with AF_PACKET level, and bind() works fine !
> I can send data to the socket through RJ45.
>
> But, when I load 3c59x with options=1, vortex-diag tells me
> Transceiver type in use : AUI10baseFL.

What 'vortex-diag' version are you using?
I recently changed the output formatting of this part of the reporting
code.  The "10baseFL" transceiver check is a special case (and the
special case is missing a space).

> Everything is ok, but, when i want to open my socket AF_PACKET to
> send data to AUI port, bind () returns -1, as though all my interfaces
> are ok (ifconfig sees them all).
>
> I would like to send data to AUI, what is the problem ?

What transceiver do you have hooked up?