[vortex] 3cSOHO100B-TX and Linux

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon Dec 16 15:41:00 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Kilian Stillhard wrote:

> I have a 3cSOHO100B-TX NIC and want to use it with Linux. However it
> seems that there is no driver for it.

Yes, there is.
You will need the driver set from Scyld.

> The driver module 3c59x.o I tried did not recognize it. When looking at
>   the source, I saw that this driver only recognizes a device:
> "3cSOHO100-TX Hurricane" (without the 'B') with device id 0x7646
> My NIC has however device id 0x9300.

It's not at all the same chip as the old SOHO board, or the other 3Com
boards.  It is supported by the 'tulip' driver.

You will first need to install the new driver set with

mkdir /tmp/netdrivers/
cd /tmp/netdrivers/
ncftp ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdrivers.tgz
tar xfvz netdrivers.tgz
make
make install