[vortex] Problems with 3c59x

Lists (lst) linux@lapd.cj.edu.ro
Sat Dec 14 07:05:01 2002

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Bogdan Costescu wrote:

> > All the kernel from redhat OOPSes ...
>
> Oh ? Do you have some exotic hardware apart from what you provided in the

The memory it's very OK. The kernels from RH opsses when I started apache
or squid. I can't figure out why. My kernel realy works.

> > I'm using MPS 1.1 and I will try to change to 1.4 and to boot with
> > noapic option.
>
> Try them one at a time...

I replaced my BIOS.
The changelog from 2.05 (old BIOS) and 2.09 (latest BIOS from Tyan site):

to 2505t208.exe

 TYAN Tiger 200T (S2505T) V2.08  062102
New features and Fixes :
Fix Tekrom card problem, fix not display "2 CPU" when add full logo
support, enhance LAN support with large data transfer, fix POST error at
C1h, add on board LAN enable/disable option, add 1.1
 1.4 GHz Celeron
support, and update Raid Oprom for 48bit drive size support.

to 2505t209.exe

 TYAN Tiger 200T (S2505T) V2.09  083002
New features and Fixes :
Fix Power loss recover not work problem.

I've changed MPS from 1.1 to 1.4 and it seems that i lost APIC Error CPUx
in my kernel logs. I'm living now in this state. I will see what is
hapening in next days.

Thank you,
Cosmin