[vortex] Problems with 3c59x

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Dec 13 13:33:00 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Donald Becker wrote:

> I think that you missed "eth0" vs "eth1".

No, I missed the part where the interface goes down :-)

> I believe that this is a different bug, although that fix might have
> addressed both.

Well, I don't want to contradict you, but I am proud of my memory
(when I'm sure that it functions :-)). This is from the kernel driver:

   LK1.1.9 12 Sep 2000 andrewm
    - Fixed a bug where, if vp->tx_full is set when the interface
      is downed, it remains set when the interface is upped.  Bad
      things happen.

So I was right about the fix, but wrong about the time :-)