[vortex] Auto-negotiation with different models of 3c59x

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Aug 20 07:16:01 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Ingo Reise wrote:

> I'm not really familiar with the switches, but the model 18 and model 23
> cards are mixed over the switches and i don't think that exactly the
> ports for the model 23 cards are forced to full duplex. Further, the
> results are independent of the used switch and the used port.

OK, so that's probably not the cause.

> I tried, no changes. Neither instantly (-r) nor after a minute (-v)

One final shot: do you have a crossover cable ? I'd like to see if two
model 23 cards (or one model 23 and one model 16) could talk to each other
back-to-back.