[vortex] 3Com 3c59x driver problem

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:53:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Robert Perry wrote:

> Sep 25 17:40:23 localhost kernel:   Flags; bus-master 1, dirty 123(11) current
> 123(11)
> Sep 25 17:40:23 localhost kernel:   Transmit list 00000000 vs. cf2874c0.

Sorry for the late reply...

This is a quite curious result, as this situation (dirty == current) was
happening due to a race which was fixed more than a year ago. The only
reports of Tx timeouts that I have seen lately had current = dirty +
TX_RING_SIZE, which is "normal" for a very busy network. Would it be
possible to set the debug level to 6 or 7 and send us the log that it
produces ? This will put a high load on your system while trying to write
to the log all the information from the driver; however, if you notice
that the problem does not appear after 5 minutes, you should stop the
network activity and eventually try again after deleting the logs.

Sincerely,