[vortex] Same usec for packet timestamps for 3c59x with kernel 2.4.2-2

Stefan Saroiu ssaroiu@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 18:54:53 -0700

Hi,

It seems that I get the same usec for packet timestamps for a 3c59x
driver with kernel 2.4.2-2 (redhat 7.1). The consequence of this is
that in tcpdump the timestamps increment is a full second.

I use the last version of libpcap-0.6.2. In this library in pcap-
linux.c, the timestamp is obtained with:

if (ioctl(handle->fd, SIOCGSTAMP, &pcap_header.ts) == -1) {
	snprintf(handle->errbuf, sizeof(handle->errbuf),
		 "ioctl: %s", pcap_strerror(errno));
	return -1;
}

As I said, pcap_header.ts.tv_usec is constant for each invocation of
libpcap.

Does anyone have any hints ? Has anyone heard of this one before ? Is
this a card problem ?

I'm not subscribed to the vortex list, therefore I'd appreciated e-
mailing me directly too.

Thank you,
--Stefan