[vortex] Possible error in module 3c95x since kernel 2.4.8

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:30:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 simon.hitzemann@s2001.tu-chemnitz.de wrote:

> eth1: Host error, FIFO diagnostic register 2000.
> eth1: PCI bus error, bus status 00980029
> I'm not able to establish any network connection. I tried it with
> different 3Com 905TX Boomerang on different Mainboards, so I
> believe it has to be a bug in the module. These errors occur only
> with kernel 2.4.8 or higher.

The PCI bus errors are not really a card problem. AFAIK, the driver has
nothing dramatically changed at 2.4.8 which can explain this. OTOH, the
PCI system (especially the parts related to power management) were being
worked on; maybe this is the cause. I'm not familiar with the PM, so I
can't help you here, sorry...

Sincerely,