[vortex] Problems with Redhat 7.1 and 3c095c

ruben@nutz.nl ruben@nutz.nl
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 05:47:02 +0200

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 01:31:15PM -0700, Bill MacAllister wrote:

> I saw a recommendation on the list to upgrade to at least a 2.4.9 kernel.
> That the problem seems to be independant of the network card and driver
> seems to indicate that I should start there

Possibly. On the other hand: since changing hardware and drivers won't help
either it might also be a network-problem. :) I'm nasty, I know.

Building a kernel isn't that hard. There are good howto's available, perhaps
even on your machine.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO.html is one to start with.

You might already have it, look for /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO.html

--
Ruben

	Q: How many IBM 370's does it take to execute a job?

	A: Four. Three to hold it down, and one to rip its head off.