[vortex] 3c905/905B performance problems

Scott Wehrenberg wehresj@mail.auburn.edu
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:12:10 +0200

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 07:00:57PM +0200, ruben@nutz.nl wrote:

> > A new Addtron 100Mbps 8 port hub.I haven't forced the Boomerang into
> > full-duplex because vortex-diag shows it in full-duplex mode
>
> Which is wrong. You cannot use full-duplex on a hub.

Ok, I've reset the server to allow it into half-duplex, which it is in now.
However, the Boomerang on the client refuses to go to half-duplex. With no
options passed, vortex-diag shows it to be in full-duplex and with the
following options passed:

options 3c59x options=6 full_duplex=0

vortex-diag still shows it as being in full-duplex mode. Setting options=6
for MII is the only option of the ones I've tried that will allow the card
onto the network at all. So how would I go about forcing the card into
half-duplex since neither auto-negotiation nor this method works?

Thanks,
Scott Wehrenberg