[vortex] 3c980tx problems

Matt madmatt@bits.bris.ac.uk
Wed, 16 May 2001 01:28:27 +0100 (BST)

I have a 3c980tx in a Dual PPro box, running 2.2.19-smp. It's hooked up to
a switch with a mixture of other devices, (10base JetDirect, another hub,
etc.). If I try to ping anything from this box, say 50 times, I will
always lose at least 5% of the packets, from any other box to another
device, no problem.

The driver correctly negotiates to the switch, enabling 100base and
Full-Duplex, I've replaced the cable three times with no effect and I've
rejigged the card so it's not near any other PCI cards such that I don't
have a clue what else to try now.

I've compiled both mii-diag and vortex-diag, and these seem to work and
report the autonegotiation. I can post the output of these if it's any
help.

The card seems to work fine apart from it just drops packets :(

Any ideas appreciated

Matt