[vortex] need help getting 3c905B to work

David Fenstermacher dfenster@umr.edu
08 Mar 2001 21:17:54 -0600

hello,
I have a 3com 905B tx ethernet card that I'm trying to get to work under
linux, and I'm having some serious problems.  I've tried using the
"3c59x" driver included in both the 2.2.18 and 2.4.2 kernels, as well as
the the one in the netdrivers package (only under 2.2.18, though.  It
fails to compile under 2.4.2, but I'm assuming it was written only for
the 2.2.x kernels), all of which fail in the same way.  The 3c59x module
inserts cleanly in all cases, which gives me an "eth0" interface, but I
am unable to send/recieve data over that interface.  When I try to run
"dhclient", all the requests just time out.  The card works just fine
under windows, so it's not a connection or network problem.  Anybody
have any idea what my problem could be?  Thank you in advance for your
help!

David