[vortex] Pb. 3c900 Boomerang as second ethernet adapter with RH 7.0

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:18:10 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 thierry.lelegard@canal-plus.fr wrote:

> I cannot make it work. The system does not see it and seems
> to be confused with the two adapters. The first adapter does
> not work well either.

It seems to me like a misconfiguration of the networking.

> I configured the two adapters using linuxconf (do you know
> a better command-line way?). Here is the resulting content
> of /etc/modules.conf :

First of all, check to see that you don't also have a /etc/conf.modules
file with a different content. I've seen this happening before...

> When the system boots, none of these adapters is configured.
> Doing 'ifconfig', only lo0 is here. Doing 'ifconfig -a',
> I can see that eth0 is here but not started. But eth1
> does not appear.

Check to see that you have in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts two files
called ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1; check their content, too.

> I tried to use 3c90x instead of 3c59x but the module does not load:

3c90x only supports Cyclone and Tornado cards, which are newer (in
design) than your Boomerang. If my above guess is right, the driver would
make no difference in any case.

Sincerely,