[vortex] Modem on 3C556B Mini PCI

Fred Maciel fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:06:23 +0900

Hi Everybody,

> As mentioned in previous posts I have an IBM TP A21p with a 3com
mini pci
> modem/ethernet card. Thanks to Bogdan Costescu and the authors of
> the driver modifications, I have the ethernet side working now. Is
there
> an easy way to get the modem working, or is that a case of
writing/waiting
> for another driver module.
>
> I don't know if the modem side is a Winmodem or a 'proper' modem
with
> a serial port interface.

Bad news: it a Winmodem, and it won't work on Linux. And given that
3Com is in a bad financial situation and laying off people, I don't
think that they have time and money to spare on a modem driver for
Linux... :-(

Anyway, keep an eye on my page (URL below), I'll post news about the
modem driver if I get any:
http://www2.neweb.ne.jp/wd/fbm/3c556/

Regards,

                         Fred Maciel
                         E-mail  fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp

Disclaimer:
I don't speak for Hitachi,
I don't know who speaks for Hitachi,
I don't want to know who speaks for Hitachi.