[vortex] Problem with 3com 10/100 Mini PCI adapter(3c556B?)under 2.2.19

Akihiko YAMAMOTO (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXExASScbKEI=?=) star@eos.hokudai.ac.jp
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:41:35 +0900 (JST)

;; "fred-m>" == fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp ("Fred Maciel") wrote:

fred-m> I just remembered something that might be useful:

Thanks for important info.

fred-m> Do you have something that looks like ECSD (Extended System
fred-m> Configuration Data) in your BIOS? Is there an option to reset it?

Ummmmm... all of the BIOS settings are written in Japanese,
of course, :-) but I cannot find any item that looks like ECSD
or PnP on my laptop.

fred-m> Translation :-): Yamamoto-san, if you try Donald's drivers and it
fred-m> doesn't see the Ethernet address of the 3c556B, that's the reason...
fred-m> It might be worth trying 2.4 first.

Thanks, Fred. Anyway, since my experiment using built-in "3c59x"
driver under the 2.4.6 kernel failed too, so I'll try Donald's
drivers next.

--
Akihiko
star@eos.hokudai.ac.jp