[vortex] Activate debug on 3c59x when not in module (3com 905b)

Fabien Salvi fabien@cri74.org
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:16:42 +0100

Hello.

How can I activate debugging with 3c59x support integrated in Kernel ?

I want to do so because I have strange problems with a 3c905b card.
I use standard kernel 2.2.18

When I tried some transfers between 2 machines, I have real 100Mbps and
full-duplex in autonegociate (with a cisco switch), but the real
bandwidth is 100ko/s !!

There are a lot of collisions.
When I use other kernel 2.2.16 or so, I have full speed.
But the problem is not clear, It happens between some machines and not
others with same card and same kernel version.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Fabien SALVI      Centre de Ressources Informatiques
                  Archamps, France -- http://www.cri74.org
                  PingOO GNU/linux distribution : http://www.pingoo.org