[vortex] eth1: 3Com Vortex at 0x6000, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, IRQ 3 :(

jon707@kollegiegaarden.dk jon707@kollegiegaarden.dk
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:36:29 +0100 (CET)

> jon707@kollegiegaarden.dk wrote:
> >
> > i have a EISA 3c597-TX that doesnt work. I suspect it is because it gets
> > the MAC address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff.
>
> Oh, well, you're experiencing an eisa config problem. I nailed
> my last eisa board on the wall. Can't tell you, how to get your
> eisa setup right under linux. I remember those huge, ugly and
> cryptic dos configurators. I would suspect, that /etc/conf.modules
> is your friend.

So you're telling me that getting EISA to work is HARD and cumbersome ??
I might as well just plug a pci ne2k into it then, there is pci slots,
(and currently a ne2kpci to have access to the machine) Rather than
spending hours waisting my time trying to get a EISA to work that doesnt
work ??

I downloaded a 3com config program for this card, and it says there is no
3com card in the machine, or that i should try it in another slot.
I'm not sure i want to spend that time, it is the only EISA card in the
machine, and 2 pci cards. (dpt scsi, and ne2kpci)

ion++