[vortex] Cannot get 3c905c-tx running

Bertrand Habib bib@artamis.org
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:07:52 +0200

Hello,

I've a 3c905c-tx installed on a Asus A7Pro. It is reconised by the
kernel, ie: dmsg, ifconfig okay,
but no way to get it running on  2.2.17, nor 2.2.18 linux kernel
(debian). It don't ping/pong at all and
and dhcp server on that host distribute meaningless IPs.

Firmware setting of the device is N-Way autodetect for both, media and
full-duplex mode.
This device was connected first to a 100/10 switch (officeconnect), and
then on a 10 MB hub without behaviour change.
I've tried "no option" as well as "16" option for the driver module
without any behaviour change.
I've checked this card with 3com's 3c90xcfg diag under dos. First
internal check, then send check and echo server check.
No problem has been reported.

Changing this card with a 3c905c, everythings works fine (but I have to
give back 3c905c)

Could somebody help me to find out what's append ?

Many thanks in advance
Kindest regards

Bertrand Habib