[vortex] 3Com 3c556B

Andrew Morton andrewm@uow.edu.au
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 01:59:58 +1100

Louis Gerbarg wrote:

> I just looked at again, and I think I found the bug.

Ah.  I can confirm that.  In fact that's how I implemented
it in the 2.4 driver:

+       {"3c556B Laptop Hurricane",
+        PCI_USES_IO|PCI_USES_MASTER, IS_TORNADO|HAS_NWAY|EEPROM_OFFSET|HAS_CB_FNS|INVERT_MII_PWR, 128, },

-               int base = (vci->drv_flags & EEPROM_8BIT) ? 0x230 : EEPROM_Read;
+               int base;
+
+               if (vci->drv_flags & EEPROM_8BIT)
+                       base = 0x230;
+               else if (vci->drv_flags & EEPROM_OFFSET)
+                       base = EEPROM_Read + 0x30;
+               else
+                       base = EEPROM_Read;

And a couple of people have confirmed that this approach works.

Louis, are there still problems with the resetting of
the device, or has that turned out to be a non-issue?