[vortex] 3c556b patch(es)

Jonathan Vafai jjv200@med.nyu.edu
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:39:03 -0400

Andrew-

Despite your putting the driver patches together in a discrete package, I
confused the situation by using an older version!!!

Finally, using your version from
http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/#3c59x-2.3 , I
recompiled Kernel 2.4.0-test 8 and my 3c556b, a.k.a the one with the 6056
device
ID (In an IBM ThinkPad T20, the 3com MiniPCI adapter), works sucessfully!!!
I'll watch for errors, and kernel messages but it looks pretty good sofar.

Thanks, everyone!

Jon