[vortex] driver problem

Andrew Morton andrewm@uow.edu.au
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:56:16 +1100

Chris Jones wrote:

> Hi
>
> Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> > collisions problem.  We think it's still not working for one particular
> > flavour of Cardbus NIC, but it'll cure your 905B.
>
> I patched my kernel up to test8 and dropped the file you linked to in place
> of drivers/net/3c59x.c, recompiled everything, rebooted, but I still get the
> problem.

Chris,

I can't spot anything irregular there.  I assume you ran the
`vortex-diag' command immediately after inserting the module and prior
to bringing the interface up?

How often do the Tx timeouts occur?

Are they correlated with heavy network activity?

Can you try a different hub, or a direct-connect cable?

What does `ifconfig' have to say about errors counts?

Are you able to try 2.2 kernels with other driver flavours?