[vortex] Correction for the 3c555 support

Fred Maciel fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 11:38:06 +0900

Hello everybody,

     I'd like to inform that the 3c555 support in Donald's driver and in the
Linux kernel driver (which copied the code in Donald's driver) has a
problem. The 3c555, like the 3c556 (PCI ID 6055), is a Mini PCI adapter;
both are CardBus "hybrids" and need EEPROM_8BIT to read the EEPROM
correctly. So, correcting the 3c555 support is easy: just add EEPROM_8BIT to
the 3c555 entry adapter table.
     I released a driver (version 2217 in
http://www2.neweb.ne.jp/wd/fbm/3c556/ ) which has this correction. I have
two success reports on the Hitachi Flora 220CX (one of which I tested
myself) and one on the Gateway Solo 3150 (by the person who posted the
following bug report in the Vortex mailing list:
http://www.scyld.com/pipermail/vortex/2000-February/000287.html ). These are
the only two computers that I could find that have this adapter.
     Many thanks to the people who called my attention to the problem and
helped me test the driver.

Regards,

                         Fred Maciel
                         E-mail  fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp

Disclaimer:
I don't speak for Hitachi,
I don't know who speaks for Hitachi,
I don't want to know who speaks for Hitachi.