[vortex] Checksum failed on 3c905C cards

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 15:13:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Fabien Salvi wrote:

> and I have problems with 50% of 3c905c cards that report a checksum
> error.
> The NIC works well despite this warning...

No, there is nothing wrong with the driver or the cards. Simply, 3Com
didn't provide enough data for correct computing of the checksums. The old
schemes sometimes work, sometimes do not. The new drivers do not print
anymore this warning for 905C cards.
(...about 80% of my cards have "bad" checksums).

Sincerely,