[vortex] Odd message

Arno Griffioen griffioena@psi.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:18:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

While tracking down the PCI hangup problem on my laptop with a cardbus
Cyclone I also tried the latest development driver with the pci-scan and
cb_shim modules.

Problem doesn't really get less, but I did notice this in the
messages log when booting:

kernel: Failed to map PCI address 0x0 for device '3CCFE575BT Cyclone CardBus'.

Perhaps it's nothing to worry about as it otherwise seems to work just
fine.

Looks like I'm stuck though on the PCI busmaster error problem under Linux
when using this card and it gets loaded. The cardbus guys don't know
what's happening either and suspect the vortex driver. Hmm..

Doesn't seem to be a hardware problem on my machine though as
(damn, I *hate* this) 'it works fine under windows' (either 98 and NT)
and I can't crash those with high network traffic.

I hope to get my paws on some other (non-vortex) cardbus cards
to see if I can trigger the same errors (which would point to
a cardbus bridge configuration problem) or not (vortex driver
problem)

								Bye, Arno.

--
PSINetworks Europe           Fax: +31-23-5699841 | One disk to rule them all,
Siriusdreef 34               Tel: +31-23-5699840 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')