[vortex] two models of 3C905C-TX-M and transfert error with 3C905C-TX-M

Olivier.Guibe guibe@univ-rouen.fr
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:18:56 +0100 (WET DST)

Hello,

We have two new computers  and
I had the same problem of Sergei Klioner (see the bug-mailing list),
under Linux Mandrake 7.1 or Debian Potato with
the 3C905C-TX-M:
- corrupted files with ftp
- corrupted image under netscape (1/2, noise, bad colours ...)

On the second computer (the same hardware and Linux) : No problem.

If I put the 3Com of the good one on the bad one, ftp and Netscape
are perfect. So one 3Com is perfect and the other one not.
I got another (bad) 3Com network card.
In fact there is a difference between the two cards.
On the good card, a chip is written 'BEL' (and a different word on the
other one).
I tried another 3COM network card 3C905C-TX-M with the 'BEL' chip,
and it works fine under Mandrake 7.1.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Olivier