[vortex] Can WOL Password be set ??

ruben@nutz.nl ruben@nutz.nl
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:11:12 +0100

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 06:27:20PM -0500, Donald Becker wrote:

> No, the 3Com chips don't support a WOL password.

Which confirms my expectations.

Next thing: You're gonna tell me that one can broad- or multicast a magic
packet, so that an evil H4x00r can burn out the electrical system of a large
university by multicasting to all machines, and the inrush-current will take
care of the rest. Ping. ZAP!

Back to our regular, on topic discussions. :)

--
Ruben	| Strategy: