[vortex] 3c905B high throughput transmit timeout

Benjamin Lee ben@realthought.net
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:59:21 +1100

I might try the LILO 'noapic' first. It seems to be the most popular
solution for several interrupt / APIC related bugs.

Thanks,
Ben.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 10:28:15PM +1100, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Benjamin Lee wrote:
> >
> > Hey Andrew,
> >
> > Yup, it's definitely sharing interrupt 18.
>
> Ugh.  I suggest you use the BIOS menus to increase the number of
> interrupts which are allocated to PCI.  Make sure your NIC
> and IDE are not sharing the same interrupt.  That way if
> it happens again you won't crash and you won't screw your
> filesystem.  But you'll need to reboot to get the interrupts
> back.
>
> If it becomes a problem the only known fix is to boot with
> the `noapic' LILO option.  This will slow things down a little
> because all interrupts go through the old 8259 to CPU0
> only, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

QOTD:
	"I'd never marry a woman who didn't like pizza... I might play
	golf with her, but I wouldn't marry her!"