[vortex] 3c905CX-TXM

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 20:31:38 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Berkan Eskikaya wrote:

> >    mii-diag -A 0x01e1
> > or
> >    mii-diag -A 100baseTx
> > or
> >    mii-diag -F 100baseTx
> > change anything?
>
> No. They only caused some register values to change (don't know if this
> is significant), but still no link established.

What if the driver gets the MII registers address wrong ?
My Tornado cards produce the init sequence containing:

MII transceiver found at address 24, status 782d.

>From what I've seen in the previous message, the init sequence finds 2
transceivers, at address 1 and 2, which I find a little strange.
So, can you try running 'mii-diag -p 24 eth1' ? The output of your
'mii-diag eth1' looks exactly like mine when I specify an invalid address
for the MII transceiver...

Another (bad) ideea: can you try to run the DOS diagnostic program from
3Com ?

Sincerely,