[vortex] 3c905c ROM enable/disable

Rudy Zijlstra rudy@edsons.demon.nl
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:09:29 +0100

Hmmm,

I've not been playing with network booting lately, but I remember that the
code contained in the boot rom on an ethernet card would get executed whether
the mainboard supported network boot or not. Actually, I do not think that
the mainboard network boot makes use of the NIC boot rom. They are just two
different solutions for the same problem.

Thoses NIC boot roms existed long before mainboards started supporting
network boot.

Just my 2c.

Rudy