[vortex] Re: New driver - 0.99Q

Andrew Morton andrewm@uow.edu.au
Sat, 20 May 2000 01:22:18 +1000

'morning...

Donald Becker wrote:

> Our clusters typically use SMP machines, and we keep getting burned by APIC
> configuration bugs appearing as driver bugs.

I'm in contact with a couple of 2.3 people who are repeatably seeing the
'interrupt posted but not delivered' problem after some hours
operation.  I assume that this is due to the APIC setup goind bad on
them.

This is quite possibly the source of many tx timeout problems on other
drivers - but the 3com driver has a specific check for this in the tx
timeout so we have more info.

I tried to get some help diagnosing this problem on linux-smp, but I
think they're all asleep.

Before I take this direct to the APIC guys, could you please tell me how
you know it's an APIC problem?  Hardware or software?  Any hints which
may help us get to the bottom of this?

Thanks.

--
-akpm-