3c590 and linux 1.2.13

Antti Tuominen antti@vesper.tky.hut.fi
Thu Mar 16 10:40:31 2000

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 09:13:57AM -0500, Jason Zwolak wrote:
> I'm not sure why you are using kernel version 1.2.13 (which is
> probably causing most of your problems).  Perhaps I can convince you
> to upgrade to the 2.2 series (which has 3c590 support built in).
>
> So my recommendation is to upgrade your kernel.

No need to convice me :) I'd go for that too if it were for me to
decide. Maybe you could convince our client of it too ;) They have
quite a number of 1.2.13 systems running for about 5 years now and as
they have proven quite reliable they are not willing to upgrade unless
we come up with some serious reasons to do it. The thing is that they
can't get enough 3c509's and want to use 3c590's (or newer cards)
instead while leaving the rest of the system unchanged. So my question
stands..

--
Antti J. Tuominen, JMT 3A 131, 02150 Espoo.
work: antti@remtec.fi; home: tuominen@iki.fi