3c590 and linux 1.2.13

Jason Zwolak jzwolak@vt.edu
Thu Mar 16 09:14:11 2000

I'm not sure why you are using kernel version 1.2.13 (which is probably causing
most of your problems).  Perhaps I can convince you to upgrade to the 2.2
series (which has 3c590 support built in).

So my recommendation is to upgrade your kernel.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 12:52:45PM +0200, Antti Tuominen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to use 3c590 with linux kernel version 1.2.13. I tried doing
> things according to the instructions on Donald Becker's page but I
> can't get the driver to compile.
>
> I get compilation errors telling I don't have linux/version.h or
> linux/modversions.h. And if I get around this I'm swamped with other
> error messages. I'm using 0.99L version of the driver (the one linked
> to the instructions).
>
> Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong? I can send the error
> messages if it helps but I thought this might be just a trivial user
> error. Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Antti J. Tuominen, JMT 3A 131, 02150 Espoo.
> work: antti@remtec.fi; home: tuominen@iki.fi

May the Source be with you,
Jason Zwolak
homepage: http://zwolak.dhs.org (Isn't DHS awesome)