[vortex] 3c90x.c from 3Com

Parrish M Myers parrishmyers@yahoo.com
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 12:29:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been able to succesfully compile, insmod
and use the 3Com drivers for a 3c905C on a Debian Potato distro with a
2.2.15 kernel.  I grabbed the latest drivers from the 3Com site...
compiled it with no trouble.  I then issued a 'depmod -a' and then
installed the module with 'insmod 3c90x'.  All of this worked great.
The problem came in when I issued an 'ifup -a' to bring up the
interfaces again.  I then recieve the error:

SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device.

The card just doesn't seem to be detected, or something like that.  Is
there a kernel patch that needs to be applied to the 2.2.15 kernel?
BTW, the 3c59x driver works.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Parrish M Myers