[vortex] 3c905 [Boomerang] Problems

Michael G. Droettboom mdboom@peabody.jhu.edu
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:40:42 -0400 (EDT)

I have a 3c905 Boomerang NIC integrated in a Dell Dual Pentium-II
workstation.  I am running Debian 2.1 with kernel 2.2.15.

All was working fine, until I arrived this morning and things are strange.

When booting into NT, everything works fine.  The card and the network
connection are intact.

However, in Linux, I am unable to reach the network, where I was
yesterday.

>From /var/log/dmesg: ----

3c59x.c:0.99H 11/17/98 Donald Becker
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html
eth0: 3Com 3c905 Boomerang 100baseTx at 0xfcc0, 00:c0:4f:a3:2a:5e, IRQ 14
  8K word-wide RAM 3:5 Rx:tx split, autoselect/MII interface
  Media override to transceiver type 0 (10baseT)
  Enabling bus-master transmits and whole-frame receives

The output of ifconfig is normal.

The output of route is: ---

Destination	Gateway	Genmask		Flags	Metric	Ref	Use	Iface
localnet	*	255.255.255.0  	U	0	0	0	eth0

<hangs>

The output of cat /proc/interrupts is: ---

14:	2326	XT-PIC	aic7xxx, eth0

The Boomerang is obviously sharing an IRQ with the SCSI controller, but
this wasn't a problem yesterday...  should this be a problem, and if so,
how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Droettboom
Graduate Student, Computer Music Research
The Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, Maryland, USA