Support for 3C410

Michael Gibson michael@gcube.com
Mon Feb 14 07:07:39 2000

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BF58C1.D7CCD140

Hi Everyone,
  I was wondering if anyone has tried testing the new 3C410 "HomeConnect
Network Phoneline Adapter" with the vortex driver.  Here's a link to the
product sales page, which naturally doesn't give any technical info.
http://www.3com.com/client/pcd/homeconnect/homenetworking/products/p38_key.h
tml

Is the card even similar?  I would be willing to purchase and try the card,
but if it didn't work I'd be out of luck, as I'm not a kernel hacker in any
sense.  Of course I would also be willing to provide cards to an interested
driver developer (are you reading this Donald?) to help get the job done.

On another note, has anyone heard much about the announced wireless 11Mbit
Ethernet products from 3COM?  Looks like more juicy driver wishes are up
ahead!
http://www.3com.com/promotions/wireless/about.html

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BF58C1.D7CCD140

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Hi Everyone,<BR>&nbsp; I was wondering if anyone has =
tried=20
testing the new 3C410 "HomeConnect Network Phoneline Adapter" with the =
vortex=20
driver.&nbsp; Here's a link to the product sales page, which naturally =
doesn't=20
give any technical info.<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.3com.com/client/pcd/homeconnect/homenetworking/product=
s/p38_key.html"=20
target=3D_blank>http://www.3com.com/client/pcd/homeconnect/homenetworking=
/products/p38_key.html</A><BR><BR>Is=20
the card even similar?&nbsp; I would be willing to purchase and try the =
card,=20
but if it didn't work I'd be out of luck, as I'm not a kernel hacker in =
any=20
sense.&nbsp; Of course I would also be willing to provide cards to an =
interested=20
driver developer (are you reading this Donald?) to help get the job=20
done.<BR><BR>On another note, has anyone heard much about the announced =
wireless=20
11Mbit Ethernet products from 3COM?&nbsp; Looks like more juicy driver =
wishes=20
are up ahead!<BR><A =
href=3D"http://www.3com.com/promotions/wireless/about.html"=20
target=3D_blank>http://www.3com.com/promotions/wireless/about.html</A><BR=