Problem with 3c905 and Mandrake 6.1

Al Goldstein al@sense-gold-134.oz.net
Mon Feb 14 07:06:11 2000

I don't know which kernel Mandrake is using, but I recall that Dennis Becker's
update to 3c905 didn't appaear as 3c59x.c in the new kernels for quite a
while after he finished making it.

I have a similar problem with a 509b rev A card. It is recognized ok by
freebsd 3.2 but doesn't run. The same card is not recgnized in solaris 2.5.
I'm running a 509b rev A card  in this linux box together with the 3c59x
card. Both work. Kernel 2.3.21. Looks like Dennis' code runs all the versions
of 509.