[vortex] 3c905 oddities

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:55:27 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Kevin Kress wrote:

> I am trying to get a 3c905C working on a new Dell box and have been
> having some issues here is all relevent info:

If you can open the box, can you tell us what is written on the white
sticker ? (something like 3C905C-TX-NM or similar).

> 4) there seems to be a bad status on the card see below:
>
> 3c59x.c:v0.99H 12Jun00 Donald Becker and others
> http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
> eth0: 3Com 3c905C Tornado at 0xdc00,  00:01:03:28:18:8e, IRQ 4
>   8K byte-wide RAM 5:3 Rx:Tx split, autoselect/Autonegotiate interface.
>   MII transceiver found at address 1, status   24.
>   MII transceiver found at address 2, status   24.
>   Enabling bus-master transmits and whole-frame receives.

>From the status message I would guess that this is a 3C905CX card, all
other C cards that I know of report correctly a MII transceiver at address
24. If it's indeed a CX, it's interesting that it works at all !

The above detection message says that the card is using IRQ 4, which is
normally used by serial interfaces. Is the sharing of the interrupt OK
with you ?

Please visit http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html and get vortex-diag,
then send us the output from 'vortex-diag -v'.

Sincerely,