[vortex] 3c905 oddities

Kevin Kress kevin.kress@comdev.cc
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:28:42 +0000

I am trying to get a 3c905C working on a new Dell box and have been
having some issues here is all relevent info:

1) Works under <sudder> W2k
2) driver load fine, ifconfig configures fine.
3) I can transmit data to the network (ie ping another host) and the
data is recieve (confirmed with tcpdump), but my host cannot recieve
data.

4) there seems to be a bad status on the card see below:

3c59x.c:v0.99H 12Jun00 Donald Becker and others
http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
eth0: 3Com 3c905C Tornado at 0xdc00,  00:01:03:28:18:8e, IRQ 4
  8K byte-wide RAM 5:3 Rx:Tx split, autoselect/Autonegotiate interface.
  MII transceiver found at address 1, status   24.
  MII transceiver found at address 2, status   24.
  Enabling bus-master transmits and whole-frame receives.

This same status message appears with 1.1? (the one in kernel
2.4-test11)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Kevin