[vortex] getting off the list

Andrew Morton andrewm@uow.edu.au
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 22:31:57 +1100

Donald Becker wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Webmaster wrote:
>
> > Yeah, it's really simple.  You send a letter to the list administrator, and
> > he tells you it's your own fault and you have to do nine things you don't
> > know how to do before you can be removed.  Then you exchange twelve more
> > emails from you, and he leaves for the day without taking you off.
> >
> > Trust me on this, I've been trying to get off, with no cooperation at all
> > from him.
>
> Please note:
> "No cooperation" and "twelve emails".
>
> He couldn't tell me what list or what address was subscribed.  He got
> procmailed into same box as the chinese language spam after I got tired of
> the demanding and threatening email.
>
> Please, if you don't want to get the email, don't subscribe.
> I'm not a spammer, and I don't like being called that name.
> Please, just go ahead and report me to the FTC: I don't mind you wasting 30
> minutes and a stamp.

Well, judging by the amount of content at http://www.newmodels.com/ I'd

But his reply was pretty funny.

Guys, it's simple.  Go to
http://www.scyld.com/mailman/listinfo/vortex and enter your email
address in the very bottom entry field.  Hit "Edit Options".

Then enter your password to unsubscribe.  Of course you've
forgotten it.  So hit "email my password to me".  When it
arrives, repeat the above step.

If you can't remember your subscription address then take
a close look at your incoming email headers - they'll have
a hint.