[vortex] help with 3com nic

Harold Oga ogah@cadvision.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:31:02 -0600

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 05:49:42AM -0700, Nathan Kontny wrote:
>3c59x.c:v0.99H 11/17/98 Donald Becker
>http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html
>  The PCI BIOS has not enabled the device at 0/80.
>Updating PCI command 0013->0017.
>eth0: 3Com 3Com Boomerang (unknown version) at 0x1080,
> 00:01:02:44:e1:1f, IRQ 0
> *** Warning: IRQ 0 is unlikely to work! ***
>  8K byte-wide RAM 5:3 Rx:Tx split,
>autoselect/Autonegotiate interface.
>  MII transceiver found at address 24, status 182d.
>  Enabling bus-master transmits and whole-frame
>receives.
Hi,
   I think I have run into this problem in the past.  In your
motherboard's bios, check and see if you have an option that
is labelled something like "Plug & Play O/S", (the wording may
be slightly different).  It should have a YES/NO setting.  If
it is set to yes, then try setting it to no and see if that helps.
(And setting it to no should not cause any problems for windows.)

-Harold
--
"Life sucks, deal with it!"