[vortex] need assistance with network problems....

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:44:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, David Pitts wrote:

> I then run /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart
> and it says that eth0 as well as lo has come up.
> I run /etc/rc.d/init.d/network/status
> and it says that eth0 and lo are both configured devices
> I run the route command and all I get is lo information
> I try to do a route add ...
> and it tells me that the network is down.

Can you send us the logs (from /var/log/messages) from when you tried with
the 3c59x driver ?
If the network driver could not be initialized properly, it should be
possible to see it there.

Sincerely,