[vortex] Problems forcing a 3c905 card's media type

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 17:48:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Shane Wegner wrote:

> PS: In my search for an answer yesterday, I tried the 3c90x driver from
> 3com.  Is this driver better or worse performance and stability wise
> assuming the card is supported by 3c90x?

I have very little experience with this driver, I only run it for some
days about halt a year ago. I didn't observe any big performance
difference and it was stable for the time of the test.
If you can make autonegotiation to work with this driver and your switch,
I would be very interested in hearing...

Sincerely,