[vortex] Problems forcing a 3c905 card's media type

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:36:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Shane Wegner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Linux 2.2.17pre13 and am having some trouble forcing the media
> type.  There seems to be conflicting documentation on this point.  One
> source says options=12 should set to 100basetx full duplex.  Another says
> options=8 full_duplex=1 is correct.  In any case, the mii-diag program still

Can you please specify which are the 2 docs that say these ?

> insists I'm in 10baset mode and indeed it's not transmiting at 100mbps.

options=8 full_duplex=1 should work. Can you send us the output from
vortex-diag -v ?

Anyway, do you really need to force 100baseTx FD ? If the partner supports
it, the driver should set it without any command line options through
autonegotiation "magic".

Sincerely,