[vortex] eth0: PCI bus error, bus status 80000020.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 19:02:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, David Hinds wrote:

> > > eth0: Host error, FIFO diagnostic register 0000.
> > > eth0: PCI bus error, bus status 80000020.
> >
> > Another PCMCIA setup bug, except this one is much harder to track down.
> > The CardBus bridge chip isn't configured correctly.
> > This is a real bus problem, not a false report.
>
> I've gotten a few reports of these PCI bus errors.  They have indeed
> been very hard to track down, since they are specific to particular
> hardware combinations, and I've never been able to reproduce them.

I've gotten this error on my Vaio 505TR, but I've never been able to
reproduce it when I'm ready to observe it.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403