[vortex] eth0: PCI bus error, bus status 80000020.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:52:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Benjamin Weste Pearre wrote:

> Computer: Sony Vaio PCG-C1XS
> OS: Redhat 6.2, kernel 2.2.16 with pcmcia-cs-3.1.19 (WaveLAN patch
> applied; that works perfectly, thanks!), USB backpatch from 2.4.0-test2
> (also works very well).  Some APM features are on, PNP BIOS is off...
>
> Two intermittent problems.  Occasionally, when I insert the card, I get
> this: "cs: warning: no high memory space available!"

PCMCIA setup bug.

> Much more often (maybe one time in 3), I insert the card, it beeps once,
> and then when it should beep the second time I get this:
>
> eth0: Host error, FIFO diagnostic register 0000.
> eth0: PCI bus error, bus status 80000020.

Another PCMCIA setup bug, except this one is much harder to track down.
The CardBus bridge chip isn't configured correctly.
This is a real bus problem, not a false report.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403